Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thick smoothie and no hot water

You know that a day is going to be unproductive when your morning smoothie is too thick to drink, so you have to get a spoon and eat it like ice cream. On a positive note, it tasted like strawberries and whipped cream. But it took me a good hour to eat. I'm slow in the morning with things that aren't liquid. This is why I don't often have eggs, because, when I do, I won't begin the non-breakfast part of my day until noon. Also because they are too often squishy. I like my food viscous, not squishy.

After my solid smoothie breakfast I realized that the hot water was off all day, something that I'd known earlier, which was why I'd gotten up early, but subsequently forgotten. This left me full of very thick smoothie and covered in everything I'd encountered in the last 24 hours, which wasn't nothing, since I walk past some pretty serious construction twice a day. Also, I like to roll in various things. "Crap," I thought, "I can't go through my life without showering." You see, I'm fond of the little things in life, like standing less than 3 feet from people, and not having to worry whether they're downwind from me.

I quickly made up a scheme. I would traverse to school and shower in the gym washrooms. But, in order to do that, I would need to walk through the world, unshowered, risking potential embarrassment en route. If you ever find yourself in this predicament, the best thing that I think you can do is to channel your inner hippy. So, as I walked to school I listened to Woodstock (the CSNY version, although Joni Mitchell would have worked equally well), and thought about all the hippie things I've done in my life. Like how I went tree planting for a summer, where I was able to not shower for days at a time so that I could avoid dealing with the co-ed showers. Or the time I was in the pit band for the high school musical, Groovy, and had to wear a yellow and orange tie-dye shirt and I bitched and bitched. I think it was fair, because gingers are discriminated against enough without being forced to wear orange. Also, how I know a lot about herbs and the like. These thoughts got me to a shower, and the rest of the story is boring and involves soap. Then the rest of the day was uneventful, until now, when I wrote this very blog. You might have thought it was unproductive based on the intro. But you'd be wrong: it was moderately productive.

Happy song: I'm lazy, so I'll say Woodstock, since I'm already thinking of it, except this time it has to be the CSNY version because the Joni Mitchell version, although awesome, is a little creepy. I tried to find a link for the Joni Mitchell version, but could only find live videos, which don't really live up to the creepiness of the Ladies of the Canyon version. So you'll just have to take my word for it, or do a search with actual effort for it. What can I say about Woodstock though? It speaks to my modern day hippie soul. My modern day likes-to-shower hippie soul. And when my hippie soul is happy, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment