Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

BLKBEWTE

I'm not feeling particularly bloggy today. But, often when I think I don't feel good enough to blog, I start blogging, then I realize that I am happy enough to blog, because the blog brings the happy. But, since the blog is just random pixels representing letters combined to form words that are put in a certain order to represent my thoughts, I realize that the happy that blog brings was in me all along, and that is good.

There were some quality moments today. I had a sitcom moment with my friend Rinda Hih. She'd been spending awhile contemplating exactly how much meat she could order for dinner. It was a pretty drawn out discussion. When I left her, it seemed like she'd decided on beef with rice topped with chicken. I don't know if that's actually what she ate, but I wandered the world for a good 2 hours before I saw her again, at which point she was actively whining about how she ate too much meat. It was like one of those sitcoms where a character thinks they have the greatest idea in history, then they flash to the clock, then they flash back to show how obviously ridiculous that idea was. Then there's a laugh track. Except, in this case, the laugh track was me.

There was a good quote involving dairy. But I'm too tired to explain the context. So that is a no go tonight. I think I had some good subway conversation as well, but it seems to have deleted itself, like the horrible paper work I've been spending all week doing seems fond of (deleting itself I mean). Oh no, that just killed the happy. Awkward.

I'm bad at understanding novelty license plates. We saw this one today:

I thought it was "Black be White". It seemed a little racist, although I don't know in what direction. So I took this picture. Once I got home, I finally figured it out, BLKBEWTE does not equal "Black be White", it's "Black Beauty". I still think it's an offensive license plate, because, seriously, I can decide for myself whether your car is a beauty. I'd prefer, BLKDSIDE4URSELF, but I guess that would be hard to fit unless you have a hummer, and then people would probably decide "no". Unless they like the depletion of non-renewable resources, then they would decide "yes".

Oh no, 4 minutes left to make this in today. Happy song: Section 19 (When the Fool Becomes a King) by The Polyphonic Spree. It helps me early on with the line "Love the life you choose, keep yourself feeling brand new." Because even on crappy days, I know that I chose where I am and that it's going somewhere a little fantastic, even if I have to hit a few snags along the way. It also manages to fit in more instances of the word "strife" than a happy song should be able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment