Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ants!

It might just be my opinion, but I think any truly good day starts with a quest. Today was no exception. I met up with my old roommate George Morman for Indian food. He had a specific place in mind though, and it was located approximately in the middle of nowhere. We hopped on a bus for awhile, then we missed our connecting bus by about 3 minutes, so we decided to walk towards the next stop and catch it there. He couldn't remember the name of the restaurant, but he did have a vague location in mind, so I figured he was almost dependable. However, I hadn't had breakfast, since I'd known we were going out for delicious Indian buffet, so time was of the essence.

We started hiking north over a variety of overpasses; beside vast expanses of concrete with a smattering of box stores. At least 2 buses passed us when we were too far past the last bus stop to run back, and too far from the next one to run forward. To make the story even more tragic, I should probably mention that it was raining.

Eventually, we reached a bus stop outside a Tim Hortons and realized that, if the bus map was proportional, we had at least as long as we'd already walked, if not more. So I voted for waiting and hoped that it would pay off, because I was pretty sure my stomach had started digesting itself. I theorized that since we were waiting outside Tim Hortons then if one of us starved to death before the bus arrived, at least the other one would be able to grab a Timbit to save them from the same fate.

To end this story, eventually a bus came, we found food and did not starve. Huzzah! It was pretty good, but I'm not certain it wasn't just because I was the closest to dying of hunger that I've been in many days.

As I mentioned yesterday, my life needs more sleep, and that has not changed yet, so I don't think I have much more to give you.

...Except for a random picture of disgusting ants.


If I was an investigator of some sort, which I'm not, I would guess that someone dropped a banana there. I think I would make a good investigator, because I do things like take pictures of ants that could be evidence of a crime. Like, maybe someone was trying to kill someone and make it look like an accident, so they planted that banana where they knew their victim would walk. But then some ants came along and carried it away, so the murderer was like "Darn, now I have to go to plan B. But how am I going to get a crane big enough to drop a piano?" However, he did not think that someone was going to walk by and take a picture of the ants, thereby creating evidence of his first attempt that could be used against him if the piano thing ever happens. Case cracked. Man, I'm good at this.

Happy song: Hideout by Sarah Harmer. All year I wait for rainy days followed by sunny happiness, so I can imagine I'm living the beginning of this song. Also, I just plain like a good hideout. Unfortunately, I don't really have one right now, but I do have this song, and that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment