Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Yashtastico!

Today is the wedding of Katarina Yashtatisco! So I am posting this now to ensure there is something, and if I squeeze in time, I will post something longer, but if I don't, no one can fault me because I posted this. Booyah.

The day began with the realization that I might not have a ride, followed by the realization that because my invitation to this wedding occurred on g-mail chat (because that's how we roll), I had no idea where or when it was. One might think you would work find out this information before the day of the wedding, but one is not me (well, sometimes it is, but this one isn't). I spent awhile frantically trying to figure things out before I realized that I had a ride all along and that I was simply confused. It was fitting, because once Katarina posted one of those Facebook pictures where you tag all your friends with labels like "the naughty one", "the evil genius", or "the narcoleptic one", and I was "the confused one". It's always nice to prove someone right on their wedding day. I am often confused. The only problem today was that Yashtastico is my favorite person to go to when confused, but she is also the most likely to destroy me today if I get in her way, because she is highly efficient and would not hesitate to smite me if my confusion slows things down. And since it is her wedding day, her smiting would be completely backed up by law. Or so I've heard. Mostly from her (okay, she never said that, but I imagine if I asked her, she would have, but I didn't ask her, because she already thinks/knows I'm the confused one).

Katarina and I have a wonderful history. Once, we starred in the school play as Reindeer 1 and Reindeer 2. We were pretty fantastic, mainly because our antlers had little bells on them that jingled as we walked/pranced. You might imagine that we've known each other a lifetime from this story, but this was just last Christmas. Unfortunately, we grew up in different countries, although our state/province name started with the same letter, so it's almost like we were from the same place except that we very much weren't. We met a few years ago when we started mutually stalking each other. Everywhere I went, she was there, and everywhere she went, I was there. This continued until it stopped, but our accusations of the other one stalking have never quite stopped. I like to think that it was our souls stalking each other, because they knew we were supposed to be friends, or at the very least acquaintances who accidentally stalk each other.

I wanted to choose a happy song that relates to Katarina, but the best one was Don't Stop Believing so, like a genuine stalker, I decided to search my g-mail for "Yashtastico" and "music" to see if she ever mentioned a happy song. I found a drawn out conversation about the importance of good montage music, but no actual montage music. But then, thinking of montages, I thought of Arrested Development, and how for awhile Katarina and I used to greet each other (or maybe I just greeted her...I can't remember) with "Hey Hermano", because of our mutual love of the show. And eventually, Arrested Development always gets me to The Final Countdown, one of the best montage songs in history. If there is a montage of today, I think it will be to that song.

Also, on a side note, I'm really hoping she went with hobo chic. And I probably won't post anymore today, because this managed to grow pretty fast. However, I might edit. Then again, maeby not.

No comments:

Post a Comment