Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

First mobile post...woot.

Today I'm flying back to Toronto after my exciting trip to BC to visit Shamus, Lilliput and the little one. Again, I am shocked at how boring an airport can be. I mean, people are friggin' flying here. We're not supposed to be able to do that. And yet nothing interesting is happening. However, I am enjoying the old top 40 music they have playing. I love Outkast. I can't believe no one is shaking it like a polaroid picture. This is only increasing my airport disappointment.

By the way, I'm writing this on my iPod and planning to attempt to publish directly from it when I reach Edmonton, so that if something goes horribly wrong, at least I'll know that I didn't fail my 9 followers. I tell you this because although I've become very good at catching most of the wrong autocorrections and tiny keyboard typos, I still manage to miss some occasionally, so please don't silently and/or vocally judge me on my grammar, the way I most likely would were
our positions reversed.

Still in Abbotsford, still nothing happening. I think they should stage fake crashes, because then we could have the pleasure of being horrified briefly, but then the pilot could jump out and maybe do a somersault, followed by a quick jingle about how he's not dead. Kind of like Willy Wonka. But hopefully our pilot will be less willing to have passengers randomly drowning in chocolate or require juicing. More candy would help with the interest factor though.

While I'm on the topic of Willy Wonka, I think it's important to note how much Wonkavision irritates me. Every time I watch that part of the movie I think that I would much rather drive to get a humongous chocolate bar than have it magically appear on TV. Such a waste of chocolate. I mourn it every time, and I watch that movie pretty frequently, so it takes its toll. (no iPod, I don't want to say "it takes it's toll". What does "it takes it is toll" mean? Ridiculous).

On the plane to Edmonton! My TV is working, but daytime TV is rarely my thing. They are talking about scrapbooking. Apparently it's like the movie Ratatouille. I don't understand this overenthusiastic woman's analogies. Or her love affair with card stock. She's not selling me on it, and I'm really bored. If you're incredibly bored and scrapbooking seems like too much work, it's probably never going to seem interesting. Actually, all I'm really being convinced of is that I should fear scrapbookers, because she's creeping me out.

Edmonton! Found some Wifi and coffee, but still unamused. I should have just given into my desire to plane dance so that I'd have a good story about how it took 4 flight attendants to wrestle me down when the seat belt light came on. But I didn't, so I don't. Someday, maybe.

There's still no sign of my alter ego (see May 3rd's post). I'm sure they'll show up sometime and I hope they bring food, because I'm hungry.

I think that's a wrap for now. This is the part where I actually publish this. Wish me luck! (of course, if you're reading this, I already succeeded, so it's kind of a catch-22...although I do appreciate luck on a day to day basis, so feel free to do it anyways...)

1 comment:

  1. I saw your post about mobile posting, so I thought that I should comment on it so that you would know that someone saw it and so that there would be a record of it if you do decide to remove it. I do not know if the previous sentence is grammatically correct, but it sure is long. You have more than 9 followers. You have at least 10. I am your secret follower, or I would be if I didn't post this comment. I thought of becoming a real follower, but I didn't know what would happen if I pushed that button. Would I get daily emails so that I would not have to remember to check your blog each day? Would I unwittingly become a part of a secret society where I would have to wear sandals and learn a secret handshake? Would bears start stalking me? I just couldn't take the risk.

    I have decided to join your brother Shamus in checking up on you daily. I considered making a commitment to post a comment every day so you would know that you are being watched, but I wasn't sure if you would appreciate that. You might get annoyed at me and disown me or send killer cows after me or something like that. I could just wish you luck every day so that you would have lots of luck.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete