Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Maybe I have elevator rage, but I think it's righteous

Thought of the day: I have a great deal of disdain for people who press both the up and down button when waiting for the elevator to make it come faster. I know that there are rumors that doing that is the secret code that will cause the elevator to spew out any inhabitants and break the laws of physics to come to your beck and call, but most studies indicate that this belief is false. Mainly it will just make me have to stop on your floor when I'm in a hurry to get home so that we can have an awkward conversation about how the elevator is going up 10 floors and you only want to go down 2 so maybe you should wait for the other one. Please, next time you're waiting for an elevator, just press one button indicating the direction that you actually want to go. If it helps, imagine that the other button is actually a bomb trigger attached to some sort of something you would rather have not exploded. It will save us both time. Actually, it might only save me time, but that will save you my silent curses that probably don't do anything, but if they do, you're going to wake up hairless, so best not to risk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment